Saturday, March 11, 2006

thicker than blood

People look hard for people they can relate to, people they have connection with, doesn't matter whether they can really connect with them or not.

The easiest link for this would be blood relations.

That's probably why people would always look back for or cling unto their family members. It's not like they can be trusted to not betray or harm you just because you're related by blood, but at least the chance is lower compared to the rest of the world.

While this is so, I do believe, or try to believe that love is thicker than blood.

Why?

A parent with adopted child will grow to love the child as their own as time goes. And they're not even related by blood.

A person will grow to love someone as much as they love themselves, or probably more than that, one day. And they're not even related by blood.

Some are blessed with trustworthy friends, which would never give you up for the world, nor would you give them up for the world. Some would even give their lives for you, as you would some. And all of you are not even related by blood.

That why sometimes, I do not understand why people stereotype people by their lineage. To push a child away just because the parent didn't have a good background. To hate someone, just because they're born to the line of a different race.

Did they wish to be born that way? Wouldn't they have opted for another ancestry if they know they'll be hated for being who they are?

No matter what root I come from, I do not regret it. Some people pride themselves as being someone from a certain race, from certain family root, but I see myself as an individual, while trying to be ignorant of such things. Sure, I still celebrate cultural and traditional festivities, but that's another issue.

I just know that if I want to see people of different origins with a fair eye, I must rid myself from being tied up to these things. The knowledge of how cultures, races, traditions, and humans come about helps. Having an eagle's eyeview of the matter, no matter how little, helps.

Anyway, I just know that in God's eye, whatever race you're from, whatever history you have, you're an individual. When you stand before His majestic and awesome presence, you're an individual. Your whole life would be about you, and being who you are.

So, in the end, it has nothing to do with blood, but it has everything to do with love.

My conclusion? Love is definitely thicker than blood.

God bless.

No comments: