Thursday, February 09, 2006

conflict

Conflict. Something most people tend to want to avoid, though some find joy in seeking it.

For me, that is something I truly hate, and I'd give my all just to avoid it. It's something I can never learn to handle, and whenever it happens, I have this tendency to go to my bed, sleep it off, not wanting to think about it.

But no matter how hard I try to avoid it, it'll still happen. It's only natural, because we're human. Someway or another, sometimes, we step on each others' toes. It's because we also have toes. It's because we're human.

When conflict happens, the block of friendship that has been build over the time, just tend to crumbles down. An accidental swing, a simple misunderstanding, a small mishap.

No matter what people say, things will never ever be the same again. It has happened, we cannot pretend like nothing ever did happen, and that we can go on with our lives like we did before. Even in pretending to forget, things is never the same again, and we know it.

It's tiring. Building the block takes time. And when it crumbles, we also need time to build back what we've built before.

But no matter what, even when things wouldn't be the same again, whether it'll go positive or negative depends on how we walk the rest of our days together.

You can build the relationship back, or you can just give up and leave it all scattered aground.

But one thing for sure, that from this conflict, we've gained another block. A block of better understanding of one another. To add this block when building thing back will help strengthen the relationship. Doesn't mean that conflicts will never happen again, but the possibility of the same thing ever happening is lowered to near zero.

So, it's your decision to make full use of the extra block gained, or just to walk away from the crumbled mess. I wish you all the best if you decide to build things back. The future doesn't look bleak at all, right? ;)

May this bless you. I've got my own blocks to build back. :) Till then.

No comments: