Saturday, May 29, 2010

respecting disrespect

You said I should respect your religion.

Now, I'm pretty confused and amused by that demand. The thing is, how am I supposed to respect your religion if you yourself disrespect it?

Do you even know what your religion is basically about? Do you even know what you believe in?

Honestly, are you asking me to respect your religion, or are you asking me to respect your ignorance?
Honestly, are you asking me to respect your religion, or are you asking me to not put you in a situation where you might have to re-evaluate your system of belief?
Honestly, are you asking me to respect your religion, or are you asking me not to make you uncomfortable with the possibility that you are wrong?
Honestly, are you asking me to respect your religion, or are you asking me to allow you to continue to be lazy?

Seriously, do you even know what you believe in?

No comments: