Sunday, November 04, 2007

untitled

If as a church leader or pastor, you try to disallow a highly debatable, but non-essential issue in the church, but are worried of being accused of trying to prevent the church members from thinking, I would like to propose this as your statement to them:

"Honestly, I do not mind having you all preoccupied with these debatable issues, for with your attention shifted elsewhere, it would be easier for me to proceed with my personal agenda.

But the problem with these things is that more often than not, over time, they split the church. Then there would be a possibility that our church would shrink in half, if not more.

That, would definitely reduce my salary and increase my workload. I cannot allow THAT."

Who says you have to be nice all the time? Sometimes, it's good to act different from the expectation of the congregation. Stop being too predictable.

:P

No comments: