Saturday, December 12, 2009

I'm right, because God...

I think I cringe every time I hear a Christian says "because God " when they're debating with non-Christian(s).

DO'H. AS IF THESE PEOPLE CARE ABOUT YOUR GOD. AS IF THESE PEOPLE TREMBLE IN FEAR OF YOUR GOD.

Until the day these people tremble in fear of your God*, I suggest you think of more intelligent and rational** arguments to use.

*I'm not suggesting that you go and terrorise them. That is not how our God works. And no, you don't get to justify this thought/idea by quoting from the Old Testament. Yes, things were quite colourful during ANE*** era, but that's only because there is a very good reason for that. You doing it to win a debate is not a very good reason enough.

**To train your "rationality," you may start here.

***If you don't get what I'm talking about, or even easier, if you don't even know what ANE stands for, quit that debate/argument. For now. I'm not going to tell you to never do that, but at least do it when you're properly equipped, and is informed enough. At least you would not look ignorant and stupid. And worse, to look like you're closed-minded****. And don't casually invoke God's name like it bears no meaning. Doing so disrespects your own God more than any non-Christian can ever do.
For this, you can start here.

****Now, I have no problem with you being closed-minded, as long as it's for the correct reason. There's not many things that are worse than appearing like an idiot for the wrong reason. If you want to be stubborn, do so intelligently and elegantly.

No comments: