Friday, June 06, 2008

elders

I often do try to respect elders as much as possible, even when many of them are, well, one would say, never grew up from their teen years.

I suspect that for an irritating older person, there is almost always something in the past that caused him to be such, and for the sake of the years of experience just being alive, they deserve our understanding and respect.

Who knows, perhaps, just perhaps the love we give can heal their deepest hurt, that it would free them from the ghost of yesterday.

As for younger folks, especially those who are harsh towards their elders, you are not worthy of respect. I don't care how smart you are, you are not worthy of respect. The fact that you do not exhibit even a hint of desire to understand them shows your lack of experience in comparison to them. Like I said, I don't care how smart you are; the fact that you lack life experiences but acting so smugly as if you have much is enough for me to decide that you are not worthy of my respect.

But then again, I'm not that important to you that whether I respect you or not, matters, right?

;)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ah, the last sentence has that tinge of philosphical sense to the whole question eh