Friday, July 06, 2007

favour

Ahhhhh..................

Can't I see a favour when I see one?

Was saving money on food, when the seller offered me extra dish for free (I assumed) since he wanted to close off already.

............And I said no.

Mehhhhh................

I regretted it as soon as I stepped out of the shop, and while I was walking back.

Was it from pride that I said no, or was it uncertainty?
What caused me to missed such a favour, and will I continue to miss such favours in the future?
Will my pride and nature cause me to miss more of such possible-God-given favours?

But then while I was contemplating the whole thing, I started to wonder with a different perspective.

Was such incidence a favour missed, or a favour gained?

While it looked like a favour, how if I was meant to reject it; how if it would've caused me illness instead?

I can cry a thousand tears at the thought of missed opportunities, but what if those "grave misfortunes" were never misfortunes afterall?

"You give and take away, You give and take away, my heart will choose to say, Lord, blessed be Your name."
"I believe that all things work together for the good of those who love God, for those those who are called, according to His purpose."
"My God is glorious and mighty, He has never failed me, and will never do; He is beyond my expectations. I shall not let my shortsightedness prevent me from daily giving Him thanks, even when things are not as I wanted them to be, or that they do not seem good at all in my sight."

- I'm still learning to really mean these words that I proclaim often.

How can I not trust that He'll always be here to complement me my mistakes, as He had promised me, when, as my best friend put it:

"I know my God is faithful, I've proven Himself oft before."

No comments: